How Does Fennel Impact Health?
Article at a Glance
- Fennel is a vegetable that has a unique licorice-like flavor.
- The health benefits of fennel make it a great addition to soups to help heal and nourish the body.
- This article talks about the many health benefits of fennel such as its anti-inflammatory agents.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Fennel is known for its unique appearance and distinctive, licorice-like flavor. And unlike some of its vegetable counterparts, all parts of the fennel bulb are not only edible, but provide powerful health benefits. That’s why we incorporated fennel into our Butternut Squash Pear Soup! Continue reading to learn a few of the many health benefits of fennel and its seeds.
Bulbs And Seeds
The fennel plant is made up of two parts: the crunchy bulb, and the feathery leaves and flowers. Fennel seeds are harvested from the yellow flowers, then dried. Both parts – the bulb and seeds – are packed with nutrients that help nourish and heal the body.
How Fennel Benefits Health
- Rich in Antioxidants and Anti-Inflammatory Agents: Fennel contains high amounts of plant compounds with antimicrobial, antiviral, anticancer and anti-inflammatory properties. The antioxidants in the bulbs and seeds help lower the risk of heart disease, cancer, and neurological diseases.
- Fiber Protects Against Heart Disease: A diet high in fiber has been shown to lower the risk of heart disease. In addition to its high fiber content, fennel also contains nutrients that are essential to heart health, such as potassium, magnesium, and calcium.
- May Ease Menopause Symptoms: Studies have found that fennel may offer relief from symptoms of menopause, such as hot flashes and sleep disturbances. More research is needed to determine a conclusive link, however.
About 18 Chestnuts Butternut Squash Soup
This stunner of a soup is packed with vitamins A and C, potassium, magnesium, and folate. It’s the perfect way to warm up on a chilly fall day! Schedule your 18 Chestnuts soup delivery today to try it for yourself.
18 Chestnuts crafts delicious, plant-based soups that deliver on nutrition and flavor. We offer soup delivery subscriptions and one-time orders. Whether you’re too busy to cook, want a nutritious meal option, have dietary restrictions, or want to send soup to someone who needs a comforting meal, 18 Chestnuts is for you!
With a wide range of healthy soup flavors including Beetroot Apple, Red Pepper Pomodoro, Carrot Ginger Dill, Butternut Squash Pear, and Asparagus Shiitake, our gourmet soup will thrill your tastebuds. All 18 Chestnuts soups are dairy-free, low-glycemic, locally sourced, and nutrient-dense. Check out our soups and schedule your soup subscription today!
Source: Healthline, “10 Science-Based Benefits of Fennel”